A nice juicy medium-rare bacon-mushroom-swiss has always been my go-to burger, but this Bacon & Bleu might just give it a run for it’s money!
The blue-cheese sauce is amazing, and would make an ideal crudites dip, as well.
Bacon Burgers with Creamy Bleu Sauce
- 1-1/3 pounds lean ground beef patties* (80/20% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted on grill.
- 4 romaine leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Additional slices of cooked pepper bacon to add whole (optional)
*Take your burgers up a notch by using your own custom burger blend.
Creamy Bleu Cheese Sauce
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices of thick bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and chopped, cooked bacon. Set aside at room temp.
Spread each bottom bun with mayo, and top with lettuce, then tomato.
Salt and grill the beef patties, and sprinkle each with a little garlic powder, as it comes off the grill, then place on the bottom buns, on top of the tomatoes. Spoon the bacon-cheese spread the top of grilled burger patties.
Top with remaining buns.
Get out there and grill!
PS ~ For even more BBQ and grilling articles and recipes, check out my outdoor cooking blog at www.lacajachinacooking.com